Books I Recommend Based Off Your Favorite Taylor Swift Album - By Lily Rowell

Hello! Welcome to my first blog post of the year. My name is Lily Rowell and in this week's post I will be recommending some of my favorite books based on Taylor Swift's 10 albums. As you may know I am a very big Swiftie and reader so I decided to combine my favorite albums with my favorite books. I also added the page length, rating I gave and the price of each book. Enjoy!


Taylor Swift: 

If your favorite album is Taylor Swift  then you would love The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book is an amazing classic and I enjoyed reading it. The storyline never gets old no matter how many times you watch the movie or read the book. If you haven’t read this book yet I recommend that you do because it's an easy yet entertaining read. 

LENGTH: 374 pages
RATING: 7.5/10
PRICE: $12.99 (paperback)


Fearless (Taylor’s Version):

If your favorite album is Fearless (Taylor’s Version) then you would love Bones and All by Camille DeAngelis. You really have to be fearless to read this book, the description and overall story made it an insanely hard book to read and in fact it's been the longest I've taken to finish a book. The author uses so many descriptives that make it to where you can almost see what's happening while the story is insanely morbid but it is worth a try. I however loved it while it grossed me out. It was very interesting to hear the main character's perspective on things but the ending made me want to throw up and confused me immensely. 

LENGTH: 292 pages
RATING: 9/10

PRICE: $12.99 (paperback)


Speak Now (Taylor’s Version): 

If your favorite album is Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) then you would love The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. This is one of my favorite books, the way the author goes through teenage love triangles and figuring yourself out makes the storyline very interesting. The book is very dramatic which makes it a fun beach read (ironically). I love the way it portrays love and this book has become very popular recently. If it matters, I am Team Conrad (if you get it you get it). I loved reading this over the last few weeks of summer and wishing I had two boys that were fawning over me. 

LENGTH: 276 pages 

RATING: 8.5/10

PRICE: $11.99 (paperback)


RED (Taylor’s Version): 

If your favorite album is Red (Taylor’s version) then you would love The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. This book is one of my favorite gay love books. The storyline and overall plot is so heartwarming and I loved reading this book the whole way through, there was never a dull moment. I also recommend this book for people that love mushy romance. 

LENGTH: 369 pages

RATING: 8.7/10

PRICE: $17.99 (paperback)


1989 (Taylor’s Version):

If your favorite album is 1989 (Taylor’s Version) then you would love They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera. This story is very sad and leads you through a bittersweet romance where (like the title says) they both die. However, even though you know how the ending is going to be it still makes you want to read it. I enjoyed this book a ton but it did make me cry at the end as well. 

LENGTH: 384 pages
RATING: 8/10
PRICE: $10.99


Reputation: 

If your favorite album is Reputation then you would love Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. The story has a badass female lead character and the book is full of adventure and twists and turns with a side of forced marriages and romance. I would highly recommend reading this book even though towards the end it is a little hard to finish. 

LENGTH: 383 pages
RATING: 7/10
PRICE: $12.99 (paperback)

Lover:

If your favorite album is Lover then you would love Icebreaker by Hannah Grace. This book is a fast burning college romance that all of us want in the future. The book was a little slow in the
beginning and not very interesting but soon after it made up for it. I am a sucker for romance so overall I enjoyed it. 

LENGTH: 429 pages 

RATING: 6/10
PRICE: $17.99 (paperback)


Folklore:

If your favorite album is Folklore then you would love If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin. This book was a simple yet emotional book describing how love comes at the most seemingly worst times. The author walks you through teenage love, grief and pain while making it enjoyable to read. While the ending is still expected it still is a tear jerker and I cried for a few hours after finishing it. I highly recommend this book if you are into bittersweet romance. 

LENGTH: 390 pages
RATING: 6.5/10
PRICE: $10.99 (paperback)


Evermore: 

If your favorite album is Evermore then you would love Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow. This is one of my favorite books of all time, the content is so raw and emotional and it took me all summer to read. The way the author perceives pain and shows it through the characters makes it difficult, yet worth the discomfort to finish. One of the main things that I loved about this book was the way the author spaced out the novel, she purposefully doesn’t use chapters to show how life doesn’t move, necessarily organized, more sporadically which gives the book a relatable and real effect. Girl in Pieces is an amazing novel to read about and think about life, it also shows how trauma doesn’t make you, you, unless you let it. 

LENGTH: 406 pages
RATING: 9/10
PRICE: $10.99 (paperback)


Midnights:

If your favorite album is Midnights then you would love Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuinston. This is currently my favorite book of all time, the characters and the storyline was so amazing and I enjoyed every single part of it. This was one of the books that I never wanted to finish. Henry and Alex’s romance is one in a million and the author portrays it so well. I also loved the recent movie adaptation that they made.

LENGTH: 448 pages
RATING: 9.5/10

PRICE: $10.93 (paperback)


Comments

  1. This is really cool! I love these books and I think they were very accurate to each album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lily! My favorite Taylor Swift album is Fearless. I'll be sure to read Bones and All in the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lily! Connecting albms to books, this is such a cool and unique blog! I liked your summary of each story's too, I've read one of them, and heard about the rest, but they do sound like interesting books :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Lily! I can agree, The Hunger Games is a really good book! Another is the Maze Runner series. I also just got They Both Die at the End so I'll be reading it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who's read a lot of these books (TSoA, They Both Die at the End, Red Queen, and The Hunger Games), and also as someone who listens to Taylor Swift to an unhealthy degree, I was surprised how much I agreed with your match-ups! My favorite album is Lover, and honestly, /Icebreaker/ sounds like exactly the sort of cliche, unrealistically romantic fluff that I would like. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lilly! This is a really cool idea. Personally, I don't listen to a lot of Taylor Swift songs, but I do know a bit about the albums. I've read quite a few books from this list, and I have to agree with your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how much work you did with each album in a different color! My favorite is midnights, and I already read the book Red White and Royal Blue! This book is actually one of my most favorite books!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lily! I've been looking for books recently that connected in someway to Taylor Swift and the different eras. I hope I can pick some of these up and tell you what I think. I also suggest a book that is full of Taylor Swift references. Its called "What happens after midnight" and I highly suggest it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How an Ending can Ruin a Story: Akata Witch

Ace of Spades review by Karenna