A Geronimo Stilton and Thea Stilton Series Review - Shanna Nayely Duay

    Until recently, I had honestly forgotten about these series and I find it insane that I did. Throughout my early elementary years, the Geronimo Stilton series and its sister series, Thea Stilton (pun intended), entertained me most days. 

    The books themselves were easy-to-read chapter books that featured stories of Geronimo's or Thea's adventures in the mouse parallel of our universe. Based on Mouse Island, Geronimo is the head editor as well as publisher for his newspaper company, The Rodent's Gazette. From what I remember, the newspaper company was run by his family. He's a gentlemouse that seems to be terrified of absolutely everything. 

    His younger sister, Thea Stilton, is a journalist and the special correspondent for their newspaper. She works as an investigative journalism teacher at Mouseford Academy and in her books, she travels with her students Nicky, Pamela, Paulina, Colette, and Violet who she writes about when detailing their adventures, similar to her brother's books.

    If you couldn't tell, the way these books are written is to make it seem like Geronimo and Thea were the authors. I especially loved this as a kid because the idea of my favorite characters writing their books left me in awe.

Four Mice Deep in the Jungle - Geronimo Stilton | I libri di Geronimo  Stilton - Geronimo Stilton #5
 
The Secret of the Fairies (Thea Stilton: Special Edition #2): A Geronimo  Stilton Adventure (Hardcover) | Murder By The Book
 

    Being a girl, Thea Stilton's series was definitely my favorite. The two books up top were the ones I reread the most and my absolute absolute favorites from both series. If you have any siblings starting to get into reading, I suggest pushing them to read these. The fun fonts and interesting storylines are sure to get any young reader hooked.

Comments

  1. I completely forgot about this book! I used to read these all the time and this just took me down memory road. This was honestly so much fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these books sooo much as a kid, it's amazing to see that other people read these books as well. amazing review shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shanna! I never read these books as a kid, and now reading your review, I feel like I regret it. I'll try to recommend it to my younger cousins to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome series review Shanna! To be honest, I didn't read that many series when I was young, but the Geronimo Stilton Series is definitely one of the best, most intriguing, and fun stories that I've ever read :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shanna! Nice book review! Although I'm pretty sure you were supposed to write about a book that you recently read, I like how you took a simple and seemingly simple book series and talked about it. I remember these books as an elementary schooler but I personally did not take any interest in them, but this blog made me slightly regret my choices. I'd like it if you expanded on why exactly these books intrigued you and why you recommend them for other small children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books were my CHILDHOOD. As a kid I never watched cartoons, and Geronimo Stilton was one of the only true children's series that I actually read. I think that people typically see the Stilton books as childish, but I honestly think that all ages can read them and enjoy them, even if they're not as complex. They're not even that cringey, unlike many other children's books. The humor is great, the world building is stellar, and I loved the format as much as you seem to have! (My favorite Stilton books were the Kingdom of Fantasy ones, and any others that included that one stingy uncle whose name I forget.) I love to see other people talking about them and hearing about them for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Langer - I also loved these books as a kid. I read a ton of them, but there was always another novel waiting for me. Even if they weren’t to popular, I loved the side series like space mice and cave mice. The Kingdom of Fantasy was my favorite (of course). These and Diary of a Wimpy Kid defined my childhood. Also magic treehouse. If you didn’t read the Magic Treehouse series, you haven’t truly experienced childhood. Nice review, and thanks for bringing me back to my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Recommend Based Off Your Favorite Taylor Swift Album - By Lily Rowell

How an Ending can Ruin a Story: Akata Witch

Ace of Spades review by Karenna