The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge

 

If you've watched any of the 8 seasons of Gilmore Girls on Netflix, then you would know that Rory Gilmore is a huge bookworm, and always seems to be reading. She even tells Dean, her first boyfriend and love interest, that she always carries a book around with her to read if things get boring. She reads classics, non-fiction, more modern books (for the time, which is the 2000's), and many more throughout the seasons.

In fact, Rory alone has been seen reading or referencing 339 books throughout the show's run. If you want a harder challenge, there is a similar one that includes all 3 of the Gilmore girls, with over 400 books to read. This challenge is definitely something to look at if you're curious to see which books you've read, are bored over summer, or want some new book recommendations! If you don't want to read over the summer, and haven't watched Gilmore Girls, I would highly recommend it.

I took one quiz to see how many books I've read, and having only read 17/339 books sounds really sad. It equals to about 5% of the challenge, and says that the average number of books quiz takers have read is 51. I also had one of my friends take it, and though she reads more often then I do, she still only got around 25 books. Two of the books I only got to check off because of us reading them this year and last year-- Macbeth and The Scarlet Letter.

Here's the link for the quiz I took in case y'all want to take it: 

https://www.listchallenges.com/rory-gilmore-reading-challenge 

-Karenna Hurst

Comments

  1. Hi Karenna! This sounds like a very interesting challenge. I got a 21, which really made my realize how little I've read, even though it seems like I've read a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karenna! I took this test, and I only got 11 :( This seems like a very interesting challenge! Maybe I'll try to read all of them one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey karenna! I recently have been obsessively re-watching gilmore girls and I had always wanted to know what book she reads. my score was the same as yours but hopefully after looking at the list ill check out some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karenna! I love Gilmore Girls, so this seemed really fun to take. I got a 45, which is pretty high but they were mostly books from my childhood. It also made me realize I should read more books right now, so maybe I'll try to read them all someday. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only watched a few episodes of the show, but from what I've seen, I would be surprised if Rory and I have anything in common in terms of taste in literature -- which is why I'm not really all that shocked that I got a 7/339. Also, most of the books I have read on there were bad, in my opinion, so honestly, I'm happy I didn't get a higher score! I respect The Outsiders and Homer's Iliad, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karenna, what a fun blog idea! I took a look at the quiz and something that surprised me after the fact that someone took the time to put this whole list together, was that I have actually seen the film adaptation of many of them that I didn't know were books first (like Freaky Friday and Seabiscuit.) I'll have to go read them now... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karenna! I decided to take the quiz because I used to read a lot of books in the same time as she seems to read in, and I got 24! I'm honestly shocked about how many titles I knew, let alone read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Recommend Based Off Your Favorite Taylor Swift Album - By Lily Rowell

How an Ending can Ruin a Story: Akata Witch

Ace of Spades review by Karenna